ACCJC Catalog Accreditation Requirements
This is part of a series of posts detailing what different accrediting bodies require for college catalogs. Other posts: NWCCU Accreditation requirements.
We’ve all been there— deadlines for accreditation looming and requirements still hazy. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the requirements for the college catalog with the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC).
Let’s dive into the requirements so you can start checking to-dos off your accreditation checklist.
The Basics: Information about Your University
To begin you must include general information about your institution. The following must be included:
- Official Name, Address(es), Telephone Number(s), and Website Address of the Institution
- Educational Mission
- Representation of accredited status with ACCJC and with programmatic accreditors if any
- Course, Program, and Degree Offerings
- Student Learning Outcomes for Programs and Degrees
- Academic Calendar and Program Length, • Academic Freedom Statement
- Available Student Financial Aid
- Available Learning Resources
- Names and Degrees of Administrators and Faculty
- Names of Governing Board Members
Now that you have the basics done you can move onto the requirements for your university.
The Requirements: Details Regarding Admissions, Fees, and Academic Programs
In this section, you will review the admissions basics. Make sure to include:
- Student Tuition, Fees, and Other Obligations
- Degrees, Certificates, Graduation, and Transfer
From here you want to cover major policies that will affect your students.
Major Policies and Procedures Affecting Students
In this section you will want to include the following:
- Academic Regulations, including Academic Honesty
- Acceptance and Transfer of Credits
- Grievance and Complaint Procedures
- Sexual Harassment
- Refund of Fees
This is the final section with specific requirements. Lastly, include a list of publications with any further policies.
Locations or Publications Where Other Policies Can Be Found
For a look at the most recent Accreditation Standards refer to the ACCJC document available here.